Sunday, July 3, 2011

Many Thanks

The idea of going to Bear Lake was presented to the family over a year ago. As you may have heard, things have changed drastically over the past 6 months. I had my concerns but decided to make a trip within a trip.



I drove to Utah, via my parents on Friday, June 24th. I arrived in the town Provo, met up with my wonderful friend, Kristine King. Background information is needed about this person who I hold close to my heart. I had the pleasure of living with her for 4 semesters, traveled to many places, made everything an adventure, visited each others home town, shed many tears, held many deep conversations and grew together. Seeing her made my heart grow 10x the original size. She allowed me to stay with her for 4 days and 4 nights. Everything was an adventure. I was spoiled, she understands the things I like to do: Pizza, vinyl records, clothing, parks, pictures, headstands. She was my ride to everywhere my little heart desired. It was a wonderful experience to reconnect with her and other college friends.

Jake, my 19 yr old nephew. Serving the SLC mission. I had the opportunity to see this amazing guy go through the Salt Lake temple. It was truly an amazing experience. Watching him interact with the kids, pitch in to help any family member and converse with him...he is fantastic.

Tuesday, June 26th. Bear Lake. This place is beautiful. That is all I can say. 20 nieces and nephews, 6 brothers and sisters plus their spouses all in one house with the most beautiful view. It was amazing, loud, eventful and beautiful. My family was nothing less than supportive and loving towards me. This is a true example of pure unconditional love. Caves, swimming, shakes, food, games, boats, jet skis, hot tub, dance party, nacho libre, family history night. This trip was not one of escape but of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment