Sunday, January 23, 2011

Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.


Dear Whoever actually reads this. Lets talk yoga. I decided to participate in additional training with CorePower Yoga. As an assignment, I took an advanced Yoga class with earplugs. What felt like giant neon orange construction cones, I could hear the faint noise of music and yoga cues in the background. This brought me back to the first time I took a class, constantly looking around at what others are doing. However, my breath was loudest of all. I could hear when I wasn't breathing. I had more internal focus of my breath. I thought of how to relate this to teaching. You can demo yoga poses as much as you want but cues, non verbal communication and breath are very important. Anyone can show you a pose but to guide a student to get into the pose safely is teaching. Photo: Where I teach yoga now. Still just teaching 2 classes every week. Early morning. Neat. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment